I acknowledge that in accordance with Morgan Books’ established policy, Morgan Books will not accept, consider or otherwise evaluate my material (collectively, my “Material”) until I agree to the following terms and conditions (collectively, these “Terms and Conditions”):
1. I acknowledge that Morgan Books has not examined my Material prior to my review and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. I acknowledge that Morgan Books has no obligation to review my Material or take me on as a client.
3. I represent that I am the sole owner of my Material and I have the full right to submit my Material to Morgan Books.
4. I understand that Morgan Books has access to materials and ideas that may be similar to my Material in theme, idea, plot or format. I understand that I will not be entitled to compensation because of the use of any such similar or identical material if such material is created independently by Morgan Books or its clients.
5. I hereby release Morgan Books from any and all liability for loss of, or damage to, any copies of my Material that I may submit to Morgan Books.
6. I hereby swear that any and all information I provide to Morgan Books from this point forward is the complete truth and verifiable to the best of my knowledge. I understand and acknowledge that should Morgan Books verify that I have been deceitful and/or provided false information that they will be entitled to fair compensation for their time spent working with me and/or my project.
7. I understand that these Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta applicable to agreements executed and fully performed therein. I agree that any dispute, claim or controversy that may arise out of my Material shall be resolved by a court of competent jurisdiction (provincial or federal) located in the City of Calgary in the Province of Alberta, and I consent to the jurisdiction of such courts in connection therewith.
8. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is void or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed omitted and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
9. I represent that I have read and understand these Terms and Conditions and that they reflect our entire understanding. Any modification or waiver to these Terms and Conditions must be approved in writing by Morgan Books.